
So it started off with going to see "The Nanny Diaries" with Jules on Saturday. While it was cute and fun, I had one major problem with it. Why do they portray anyone that was born and raised outside of a city as a major clueless idiot? Ok, so in this case the main character was just a major fashion idiot. I mean they had her living in Jersey, but she wore socks with sandals and a business suit to an interview? Seriously? And then whenever she was stunned she was unable to form a sentence. After a while I wanted to reach through the screen and smack her. But that annoyance aside, it was just cute fun and the kind of movie that you don't have to think...just sit back and enjoy.
Then on Sunday, Troy, Chad and I went to go see "Superbad" at the Alamo. For those not in Austin and who haven't gone to the alamo when visiting, it's an awesome theater that serves full meals and drinks (yeah for pitchers!) before and during the movie. It's a lot of fun. Anyway...so "Superbad" is just hilarious. I can't exactly say why it was, but I laughed my ass off. Totally worth checking out!
1 comment:
Nanny Diaries was a great predictible movie. I loved it!! Laura Linney's character was fantastic - she can really play an uptight rich lady well!! And great previews - we have so many more movies to add to our list!!
Post a Comment