Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Austin City Limits

One of the perks of my job is the free stuff. The free food from all the events I plan (many of which are at places I couldn't afford to eat otherwise), the free t-shirts from the school/student events, the free football tickets when we have leftovers, and the free swag from visiting corporations (i.e. bags, pens, shirts, hats, laser pointers, etc.).

One of the my job duties is to help assist our development officers with handing out the football tickets to our donors and corporate sponsors. This fall, due to Hurrican Ike, one of the UT games was rescheduled and that caused quite the commotion in the office. In the process of juggling the requests, I helped a gentleman from AMD. To return the favor, he had extra tickets to the Austin City Limits Music Festival (ACL) and he gave me 2 of them!

So this past Sunday, Troy and I met up with our friends Mike and Stacy and headed out to ACL. Luckily they live in the RV park right next door, so we had up close parking and didn't have to walk miles or wait in line for buses/taxis. Nice! Troy had drill until 1:00 so we only made it for half the day, but that was still quite the experience. We started off watching Shooter Jennings, then headed over to see the Racounters - whose lead singer was Jack White from the White Stripes (and were really good!), then we went to see Kevin Fowler (who always puts on a kick ass show) and wrapped it up by watching a bit of the Foo Fighters.

While I don't know that I'd ever pay to go (it's super crowded, dusty, expensive, and you are on your feet for a looooooong time. Not to mention the contact buzz from all the people around 'smoking'), it was still a really fun experience and I'm so glad we were able to go! Then we wrapped it up by stopping by Chuy's on the way to the car. I just don't get the hype on that place. Only really good thing was the salsa. Any way, I digress...here are a few pics of our ACL fun!




Kevin Fowler. This stage was the best, because you could get a bit closer and it had the rocks and tree behind it instead of just a plain/tent backdrop.


Troy waiting for Kevin Fowler.



I really have clothes on, I promise! Troy was being silly and I didn't realize he was taking the pic above where my top started until after. Arrghhh! :)

1 comment:

The Aguilars said...

I agree that Chuys is over-rated. Kinda like Hula Hut. Funny how they are owned by the same company:)